A temperature data logger is a portable temperature recorder that is used to measure temperature variations within a specified timeframe. The digital data that the device is able to record can then be collected and analysed. Temperature data loggers can be used in several applications for different industries. These include warehouses, industrial complexes, and even commercial spaces such as malls and restaurants.
Temperature Data Loggers Are Used For The Following:
- Environmental Monitoring: data loggers for temperature are used primarily for the monitoring of temperature levels in the environment. Using the digital readings that the device records over a set period of time, businesses can predict weather patterns.
- Transportation Of Goods: a temperature recorder is used for monitoring temperature-sensitive goods such as vaccines and medicines, frozen food items or fresh vegetables, while they are being transported.
- Warehouses And Industrial Complexes Monitoring: temperature data loggers are also used in establishments where it’s required to keep temperatures at a specified level to prevent goods from getting spoiled. This usually includes warehouses that store food stuff. The same is applicable for industrial complexes where a simple change in temperature has an adverse effect on the processes and could result in major business losses.
Why Is There A Need For Temperature Data Loggers?
Temperature Maintenance In Your Storage Facility
As an owner of storage facilities, you will appreciate how important temperature monitoring is in your place of business. Not only is it crucial to ensure the optimum temperature conditions for the storage and transportation of products, they also need to be under ideal temperature conditions to maintain their shelf life. You want to protect your inventory from changes in climate, regardless of how long you intend to keep them in your inventory. It’s also helpful to measure the temperature in your facility accurately to maintain your assets and ensure their profitability.
Temperature is just one side of the coin; you also need to consider humidity when it comes to preserving your goods. Know that as the external temperature increases, so will the humidity in the air. When it gets excessively humid, there’s the risk of serious damage to your goods in storage. What’s worse is that it can cause mould problems, which eventually lead to dust mites.
The Effect Of Temperature Levels On Productivity
Apart from your inventories, you should also consider the health and morale of your employees; take care of them, and you’ll see an increase in productivity.
In most regions and countries, there are labour laws in place that regulate the working conditions of workers. This includes maintaining a minimum temperature level in the personnel room, which is dependent on the level and kind of activity that is being conducted.
Undesirable climatic conditions can have a negative impact on your employees’ productivity. Low temperatures cause reduced productivity, especially during the cold months when your employees are at a greater risk of getting sick: more sick days mean less production. Morale is also affected when your workers believe that you don’t care about their needs. Therefore, ideal temperature levels must be kept and maintained at all times.
Finally, as the owner of a company, you need to ensure that your facilities follow government regulations. For this purpose, a data temperature logger is vitally important to have as the data they gather provide proof that these regulations are met. Failure to present any evidence that your product has been handled properly and effectively sterilised will place a huge risk on your company’s reputation while increasing product wastage, not to mention the harm that your products could do to your customers’ health.
To counter this, use a data temperature logger with useful apps to monitors your goods properly and preserve their quality.
What To Look For In A Temperature Data Logger?
Purchasing a temperature data logger is pretty straightforward. You can find a wide range of temperature recorders to choose from on the web or through suppliers, which makes it easy to find the device that will suit your requirements.
Although they’re relatively easy to find, there’s a couple of important factors to keep in mind when buying a temperature logger, namely:
- Memory capacity: the storage capacity of a temperature logger dictates the number of recordings that it can perform. Different models feature varying memory capacities starting from 8000 readings up to 128,000. A device with 8000 readings is capable of recording for 27 days at 5-minute sampling intervals.
- Data Transfer: instead of complicated adaptors or docking stations, the transfer of recorded readings should be possible through the use of a simple USB cable.
- Programming Software: temperature logging devices should come with free software that you can use for programming and downloading of data.
- Alarm programming: the data logging device should permit you to set two levels of high alerts and two levels of low alarms, all of which are equipped with separate delay timings that allow end-users to set fully customisable alarms.
- Reusability: there are temperature data loggers that can be reused any number of times, which are referred to as ‘multi-use’ data loggers. There are also models that are disposable and can only be used once.
Where To Get The Best Temperature Data Loggers In The UK?
With the rise of the smartphone, Smashtag Global began developing apps for clients in the industrial sector and later on expanded to develop wireless electronic hardware as wireless technologies, such as Bluetooth.
Smashtag Global has more than a decade of experience in developing award-winning Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) applications to meet our clients’ wireless sensing needs. We believe that the future of temperature loggers is for them to be wirelessly connectable.
If you want to know more about our Smashtag temperature data logger, you can send us your enquiries, and our friendly and knowledgeable staff will get back to you at a moment’s notice. You can reach Smashtag Global today by dialling 01223 881 881. Alternatively, feel free to fill out our online contact form at https://www.smashtag.global/contact.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Temperature and humidity data loggers are capable of measuring data at specific intervals. This data is then stored in an integrated data memory. Data loggers for temperature and humidity are separate, along with other instruments that carry out both measurements.
You can record temperature changes that occur within an hour using a thermometer, timer, pen, and paper. However, a calibrated temperature data logger is more effective, accurate, and more reliable than performing manual readings since it does all the jobs that need to be done, which saves you time and resources.
Once they are activated, data loggers get to work at once and can be left unattended to measure and record temperature data within a set monitoring period. They will then provide you with an accurate and comprehensive picture of the conditions that they monitor, such as air temperature and humidity.
Temperature data loggers are electronic devices capable of storing a huge amount of data. They accept one or more sensor inputs to sample and save data at a predetermined frequency. Once the temperature logger records data, you can retrieve the information by downloading it and analysing it on your devices.
One of the major benefits of data loggers are their efficiency. By using this tool, you can save time since you don’t have to send someone to take temperature measurements in a remote location. Also, they record data more precisely than manual recording.
When choosing a data logger temperature, you should check the specifications of the device and make sure that it can withstand the immediate environment. Also, consider the elements that will be in play, such as moisture and humidity, especially if you need to place the device outdoors.
Data loggers are electronic devices that you use to automatically record environmental parameters within a specific timeframe. With them, you can measure, document, analyse, and validate specific conditions then transfer the data it collected to a computer for analysis.
You use a data logger to store data over time in a process known as data logging. This device is usually battery-powered so it can be used where no electrical supply exists and accepts one or more sensor inputs that can sample and save data at a predetermined frequency.
A portable temperature data logger is the leading compact solution used for temperature and humidity monitoring. You have the option to choose between single-use and long-term monitoring instruments that provide a high level of accuracy.
You can use data loggers for different applications, from the simple monitoring of temperature in your office to being updated with the temperature of perishable products with an online temperature indicator or optimisation of the production process of a wide variety of products.
Miniaturised Wireless Data Loggers
In the transportation industry, temperature wireless monitoring is utilised during transport to keep track of the temperature in the storage area. These data collectors consist of a programmable processor, data storage, interfaces, and input channels to connect the various sensors. The data that they collect are read via serial interface or USB and evaluated using relevant software.
What Is A Data Logger?
A data logger is a tool that records data over time using a built-in instrument or sensor. Powered by a battery, data loggers are small, portable devices that are equipped with internal memory for the storage of the data that is being collected. Wireless temperature logging is done in academic institutions on such projects that require the recording of data over time using recording tools and probes. For example, a data logger can be used to measure the change in temperature of water or the falling and rising level of noise or light in a room.
Data Logging Advantages
Some of the advantages that the use of data logging systems offer include:
- Data collection automation that makes manual monitoring unnecessary
- More accurate readings that are free from any human error
- Continuous use of the readings over long periods
- The readings can be taken in no time and in quick succession too, using different sensors
- Zero chance of somebody forgetting to take a reading
- Allows the placement of sensors in areas deemed dangerous for humans to go
Temperature Data Loggers Uses
Temperature recorders and data loggers, are portable devices that record, collect, and store temperature data over time. This data can be downloaded for review by syncing data loggers with available software options. Also, when audits take place, reports can be generated for validation and proof of temperature conditions.
Depending on the use of the temperature recorder, there are a variety of options available, including wireless options, USB temperature data loggers, probes, and multi-channel temperature data loggers.
This tool is mainly used for monitoring temperature-sensitive products, preventing them from spoiling or losing their efficiency. For instance, businesses in the pharmaceutical industry need temperature data loggers to prevent vaccines from deteriorating or losing their effectiveness.
An Example Of Data Logging
Below is a step-by-step example of how a temperature chart recorder collects temperature data from the liquid, all the way up to downloading that data on the software.
- A temperature sensor is placed in the liquid.
- This sensor is connected to an interface box that is linked to a computer.
- The data logging software is programmed to take readings once every 30 seconds (the time interval) for 25 minutes (the logging period).
The data logging software stores the readings in a table and the data can be analysed later, using graph tools.
Allow us to help with your logistical temperature monitoring needs! Contact us today for a free quote for the best temperature data logger in the UK!
Questions? Please let us know
There are a lot of temperature monitoring products on the market and we have designed ours to be as easy to use as possible but if you have any questions at all about whether Smashtag is best for your application please get in touch, we’d love to help if we can.